Cowboys QB Tony Romo tossed 3 TDs and led his team to a big win in the first game of the NFL season. The Cowboys got help from all positions with RB DeMarco Murray breaking off 131 rushing yards and WR Kevin Ogletree racking up 114 receiving yards with 2 TDs. The Giants never got the offense going as QB Eli Manning threw for just 213 yards and 1 TD in the loss.
Fantasy Spin: WR Kevin Ogletree was Romo's favorite target tonight. Keep him on your watch list.
It is time to get excited! Clear off the couch, put on your jerseys, set your NFLRUSH Fantasy rosters and get your popcorn ready! The first game is here and it's on Wednesday.
The Super Bowl Champion Giants host the Cowboys at 8:30 PM ET on NBC. The Giants are an overwhelming favorite according to NFLRUSH Pick Em users with 82% of the vote. The Cowboys will hope to spoil the party by scoring the upset.
Get ready, it's time for NFL football!
The preseason in in the books and now it's time to get down to the regular season but let's not forget the lessons we learned over the past four weeks:
1. The Seahawks can flat out score. They put up the most points of all team in the preseason with 122 and averaged the most rushing yards with 178.2 per game.
2. The Eagles defense is fierce. They led all teams with 20 sacks in their four games and allowed the fewest yards per game at 213.8.
3. Rookie QBs rule. Five teams will start a rookie QB in Week 1: Seahawks Russell Wilson, Colts Andrew Luck, Redskins Robert Griffin III, Browns Brandon Weeden, and Dolphins Ryan Tannehill.
What did you learn from the preseason? Shout it in the comments.
When choosing your NFLRUSH Fantasy QB, remember there's more to life than Rodgers, Brees, and Brady. You only need to see the five opening day rookie QBs to know that the winds of change are blowing through the NFL.
1. Peyton Manning – Denver Broncos
He is the king of the Manning QB dynasty!
2. Jay Cutler – Chicago Bears
Cutler + Marshall = TDs!
3. Josh Freeman – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Everyone is entitled to one down year. Just one!
4. Joe Flacco – Baltimore Ravens
Shhh, don’t tell anyone, but he’s going to be huge this year!
5. Andrew Luck & RG III – Indianapolis Colts / Washington Redskins
This dynamic duo are two of the best rookie QBs to ever enter the NFL!
Last Year’s Record: 9-7
Predicted 2012 Record: 11-5
QB Eli Manning, WR Victor Cruz and RB Ahmad Bradshaw
RB David Wilson, WR Rueben Randle
WR Mario Manningham, RB Brandon Jacobs and TE Jake Ballard
1. Is there any reason the Giants can’t repeat this year?
2. Is Eli Manning the better of the two Manning QBs?
3. Can Ahmad Bradshaw be the main RB?
4. Do they still have the best Defense in the NFC?
5. Is Victor Cruz’ dancing cool or annoying?
Rookie QB Russell Wilson was just named as the starter for the Seahawks! Russell is one of five rookie QBs that will start in the NFL in Week 1 this season. Before he goes out onto the field to lead his team into the regular season, he needs a cool nickname. Let's help him out.
Post your best nickname for Russell Wilson in the comments.
You know the drill: If you want to separate yourself from the pack in fantasy football, you must discover the breakout players before everyone else does. Remember, those who are better prepared have the advantage.
Let’s look at some potential breakout players at the Wide Receiver position.
1. Randy Moss – San Francisco 49ers
It’s simple: if you have the chance to start a future Hall-of-Famer, do it!
2. Demaryius Thomas – Denver Broncos
He came up huge with Tebow at QB. Imagine what he’ll do with Manning at the helm.
3. Jordy Nelson – Green Bay Packers
He just might be Wes Welker 2.0, and with the Packers that could mean huge numbers.
4. Vincent Jackson – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
As a Charger he had top-5 potential. He could have a big year in Tampa.
5. Brandon Lloyd – New England Patriots
If he takes over the #1 spot at New England, the sky is the limit!
Last Year’s Record: 12-4
Predicted 2012 Record: 11-5
RB Ray Rice and QB Joe Flacco
DE/OLB Courtney Upshaw, G Kelechi Osemele
WR Lee Evans, G Ben Grubbs, DE/DT Cory Redding, RB Ricky Williams
1. Is Joe Flacco an elite QB?
2. Is the offense too reliant on RB Ray Rice?
3. Is Ray Lewis an unstoppable cyborg?
4. Will WR Torrey Smith continue developing into a star?
5. Is this the year the Ravens make it to the Super Bowl?
NFL football is back on Monday night. The Cowboys will visit the Raiders in tonight's Preseason edition of Monday Night Football. Here's why you need to watch this game:
1. Cowboys QB Tony Romo gets his first shot at the field in a season that has many doubting his his skills. He has a lot to prove in 2012 and it all starts tonight.
2. Raiders RB Darren McFadden was one of the top runners in 2012 until he had to sit out nine games. Darren is a name to watch this season.
3. Cowboys RB DeMarco Murray made a splash in 2011 when he ran for 253 yards in his first start. DeMarco will be featured much in 2012.
4. QB Carson Palmer had a tough situation to deal with when he was traded to the Radiers during the 2011 season. With time to prepare, 2012 should be a lot better.
5. Are you ready for some football?
Thurday night features two teams that should be in the playoff picture in 2012. The Packers and the Chargers start their journey to Super Bowl XLVII tonight.
Packers: After a disappointing exit from last season's playoffs, they will have their first look at the field as they ramp up for another run at the Super Bowl in 2012. Keep an eye out for rookie DE Nick Perry as he uses this preseason to emerge as a key pass-rusher.
Chargers: 2011 was not good to the "Bolts" as they missed the playoffs. The Chargers will be searching for a standout WR during the preseason so look for Malcom Floyd and Vincent Brown to step up along with newcomers, Eddie Royal and Robert Meachem.
Don't miss the first game of the preseason for the Packers and the Chargers on Thursday at 8 PM ET on ESPN.
My favorite part about the NFL season is the excitement of picking my team and competing in fantasy football. It gets me so pumped up about football and I am so sad when the season ends every year.
My main goal is to beat my dad in fantasy football. I study a lot (sometimes every day!) so I can try to win. I also like watching the Carolina Panthers play and see how they improve every year. My favorite plays are when Cam Newton runs the ball.
I can't wait till the 2012 NFL season gets kicked off!
NFL Rush Kid Reporter
Kickoff started with a monster game in Green Bay! The Super Bowl Champs and the Saints battled for four quarters in a high scoring shootout. In the end, the Packers defense stopped the Saints on a goalline stand to seal the victory. If you had Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers in your NFLRUSH Fantasy lineup, you scored huge. If you haven't picked a team, it's not too late to get in the game. There are tons of great prizes, so Get Your Roster Set and get in the game.
Create an NFLRush Fantasy Team, and make your Picks in NFLRUSH Pick Em for the first week of the Regular Season! The wait is over, We Are Back to Football!
Welcome to the NFL, Cam Newton! The Panthers’ star rookie struggled with his accuracy all night, but did excel running the ball including 16-yard TD run for the games first score.
It was then that the Bengals unleashed a stunning 24-point offensive assault. The scoring included a 40-yard TD pass and run from QB Andy Dalton to WR A.J. Green, 2 rushing TDs (Cedric Benson & Bernard Scott) and capped off by a 55-yard FG by Matt Nugent just before halftime. This lead to a final score of 24-13 and a major Preseason win for the Bengals.
|The Giants defense looked strong as they held the Bears to just 13 points on Monday Night Football. On offense, the scoring came from everywhere as 5 different players scored a TD. Giants backup QB David Carr impressed as he completed 9 of his 11 passes for 84 yards and 2 TDs.
Does defense really win championships or is offensive firepower where it's at?