Until recently Bobby Rainey was a seldom-used RB for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. This all changed four games ago when Rainey was thrust into the starting role. Since then he has helped Tampa Bay turn its season around, as the Buccaneers have won three out of the four games he has started. During this stretch Rainey has averaged 97 yards rushing and he’s scored four touchdowns. This sudden emergence caused us to ask a simple question.
Who is Bobby Rainey?
1. He went to West Kentucky University, where he finished his career with 4,523 yards and 39 TDs!
2. Rainey holds school records for WKU for rushing yards in a season (1,695) and rushing yards in a career (4,523). He is just the eighth FBS player since 2000 to rack up back-to-back 1,500-yard seasons.
3. He was named the Sun Belt Player of the Year in 2010 and 2011.
4. Received a Super Bowl ring as a member of the Baltimore Raven in 2012.
5. He was born in Griffin, Georgia.
If you're looking for a sleeper to put in your NFL RUSH Fantasy line-up, remember the name Bobby Rainey!