8-8 is good enough for some teams but not the Steelers. Despite the Steelers having the stingiest defense in the NFL, this team just couldn’t win consistently. Could this be the end of the Steelers time as a yearly contender?
2012 Record: 8-8
- - WR Antonio Brown did well in a supporting role with 787 receiving yards and five TDs.
- - The Steelers D allowed the fewest yards per game in the NFL.
- - TE Heath Miller had a monster year leading the team in catches (71) and posting 816 receiving yards with 8 TDs.
- - The offense was ranked 21st in total yards gained.
- - They were 24th in turnover margin at -10.
- - Big time playmaker and primary deep-threat WR Mike Wallace is gone and so is LB James Harrison.
- - Draft Position #17: LB Jarvis Jones and WR Robert Woods in a later round.
- - Free Agent Targets: There’s a lot of need including LB, WR, O-line and D-line.
- - Trade: They have a lot of veterans at other positions but a proven WR would be a huge help.