What happened to the Detroit Lions? Coming into the season they were in talks about a Super Bowl run but with a 4-4 start and an 8-game losing streak after, they quickly became maybe the most disappointing team this season. The good news is that there are some great pieces on the team to pull together for a bounce back in 2013.
2012 Record: 4-12
- - WR Calvin Johnson broke the NFL record for most yards in a single season.
- - QB Matthew Stafford threw for the second-most yards in the NFL with 4,967.
- - Despite what you may have heard on the playground, DT Ndamukong Suh had a productive year with 8 sacks, a high number for a DT.
- - After a promising 2011 record of 10-6, the team bombed in 2012.
- - They ended 2012 on an eight-game losing streak.
- - Aside from Megatron, no other WR broke the 400 yard mark for receiving.
- -Draft: DE Ezekiel Ansah or LB Manti Te’o. There is a need for a good pass rusher and Ezekiel is one of the fastest. They also need help in LB position after Kyle Vanden Bosch was let go.
- -Free Agent Targets: They need help on the offensive line but they may want to go through the draft to get younger guys. OTs Ryan Clady and Jake Long would be smart targets. A good second WR would be an asset so Wes Welker and Mike Wallace would be ideal.
- -Trade For: If they miss in the draft, trading for an LB would be a great idea. One thing the Lions really lack is veteran leadership, so getting a guy in with some experience would pay off big.