2012 Record: 2-14
The Jaguars have a lot in common with the Chiefs, which shouldn’t surprise anyone. Bad teams stink alike. But with a high draft position and a few good things to build on, this team has hope for a better tomorrow.
- - WRs Cecil Shorts and Justin Blackmon emerged as potential solid duo.
- - Maurice Jones-Drew will be back and should be fresh after a season that most fans hope to forget.
- - They made a change to their logo. A fiercer logo might mean fiercer players on the field… right?
- - 30th rated total offense and 30th in rated defense
- - Starting QB Blaine Gabbert has not excited anyone.
- - The offensive line allowed 50 sacks, third most in the NFL.
- -Draft: QB Geno Smith or OT Luke Joeckel look good for them at #2. Basically whomever the Chiefs don’t take. In the later rounds, look for them to shore up the RB depth and try to find a lot of guys to shore up holes on defense.
- -Free Agent Targets: Take your pick. They will need to make a run at defensive guys like DE Osi Umenyiora and DE Cliff Avril while also searching for help on the O-line from someone like Jake Long.
- -Trade: They need a name that people can be excited by. Looking for a guy like CB Charles Woodson or even QB Alex Smith would be a great move to give this team some relevance.