It's all about the food! One of the best parts of watching the Super Bowl is the delicious snacks that you get to eat during the game.
What do you eat during the Super Bowl? Chips? Chicken wings? Cheeseburgers? Chipotle chimichangas? Chowder? Chunky soup? Chestnuts? Chinese food? Cherries? Cheddar cheese? Chorizo? Chop Suey? Chocolate? Chili? Churros? Chick peas? Something else?
We want to hear from NFL RUSH nation. Leave us a comment and let us know what you’ll be eating during the big game!
Super Bowl Fun Food Facts
According to the National Restaurant Association, the top three foods in Super-Bowl watching homes during the game are:
- 1. Salsas, dips or spreads
- 2. Chicken wings
- 3. Pizza
Take a look below at the estimates for the amount of foods that will be consumed during the game:
- 14 billion hamburgers
- 1.23 billion chicken wings
- 48 million orders for take-out or delivery pizza
- 11 million pounds of potato chips
- 69.6 million pounds of avocados
- 4 million pounds of pretzels
- 3.9 million pounds of popcorn
- 2.5 million pounds of nuts
We thought we’d share a few of our favorite recipes to help get you started.
Take your favorite canned chili and add any or all of these fixings to create something unique and delicious. Serve with peanut butter sandwiches.
- Chopped Onions - Red or Maui are the recommended.
- Sour Cream, Avocados - Adds a unique flavor and creamy texture.
- Corn Chips - Give chili a awesome southwest vibe.
- Chicken Strips - Chicken in chili? We say yes!
- Canned Corn - Adds a sweet crunch.
- Chocolate Chips - They make everything better, right? Maybe not.
Take a large flour tortilla, add shredded cheeses, cover with another large flour tortilla and heat. Top with avocado, tomatoes and sour cream.
Feeling daring? Try these ingredients to give your creation a unique task.
- Apples - Yes, cheese and apples together are yummy!
- Corn – More of that crunchy sweet taste we mentioned before.
- Lettuce – Not as sweet as corn, but just as crunchy.
- Peppers – Crunchy with a little spice.
Have an adult cut some cooked hot dogs in one-inch long blocks. Stick a toothpick into every block and then in small bowls add any of the following dipping options.
- BBQ Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- Soy Sauce
Take a large chocolate chip cookie, spread your favorite peanut butter on it and add a dollop of jelly. Let chill and serve… or eat them all yourself because this tastes amazing!
Get your Super Foods organized in time to watch Super Bowl XLVIII at 6:30pm ET on Sunday, February 2nd on Fox!