Carry snacks to school or practice to stay fueled for exercise and sports. Snacks will give muscles energy for long or intense workouts.Check out the nutritious and delicious snacks below and choose a snack that your favorite football player eats.
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich + Skim Milk
- 6” Turkey Sub + Low Fat Chocolate Milk
- Fig Bars + Low Fat Chocolate Milk
- Low Fat Granola Bar + Skim Milk
- Low Fat Yogurt + Apple
- Low Fat Milkshake
- Sports Nutrition Bar + Skim Milk
- Whole Wheat Crackers + String Cheese + Orange
Add an ice pack or frozen bottle of water to keep the turkey sandwiches and milk cold. Purchase the ready to drink milk if an ice pack or frozen water bottle is not an option.
By Sue A. James, MS, RD, LDN