The Seahawks travel to Atlanta to meet the Falcons on Saturday at 1:00 ET on FOX. Who will win? You can decide with the help of some keys to success for both squads.
Why Seahawks will win:
1. Momentum: These birds are riding a six-game win streak and the Falcons would be number seven. The Falcons on the other hand have some tough momentum on their side, having lost their last three playoff games (2008, 2010, and 2011) leaving MQB Matt Ryan 0-3 in his playoff career.
2. Defense: They have one of the top defenses in the NFL, allowing the fourth fewest yards during the regular season (306.2 per game) and allowing the fewest points per game (15.3).
3. Russell Wilson: He is the last rookie QB still playing. If you watch Russell play, you can see how well he fits with this offense. While he is far from doing it all himself, he is definitely getting the job done.
Why Falcons will win:
1. Matty Ice: QB Matt Ryan has had one of his best seasons ever. He completed 68.6 percent of his passes which is tied for first with Peyton Manning for best in the NFL among QBs who threw at least 250 passes.
2. Birds of a Feather: WRs Roddy White (1,351 receiving yards) and Julio Jones (1,198 receiving yards) each topped the 1,000 yard receiving mark this season and combined for 17 TD receptions. The major battle to watch will be this high-flying duo against the Seahawks tandem of lockdown cornerbacks.
3. Home Field: While the Seahawks were is a battle on a rough field last week, the Falcons were resting and preparing for an extra week to host their opponent. Home cooking and an extra week of rest should give them an advantage.