Detroit rookie TE Eric Ebron is yet another big, talented, pass catching weapon for the Lions offense.
As if opposing defenses didn’t already have their hands full trying to keep the Lions in check.
Ebron looks destined to be one of the top rookie fantasy performers, but how much do you know about him?
5 Fun Facts about Eric Ebron:
1. He was born on April 10th, 1993, in Newark, New Jersey.
2. Eric attended Ben L. Smith High School in Greensboro, North Carolina. He played both tight end and defensive end. He had 28 receptions for 682 yards and 10 touchdowns on offense and 68 tackles and 13.5 sacks on defense.
3. Last season at the University of North Carolina, Ebron caught 62 passes for 973 yards and 3 TDs, and was a first-team All-Atlantic Coast Conference selection. He was also chosen as a finalist for the John Mackey Award, given to the nation's top tight end.
4. On the night before the NFL Draft, Ebron proposed to his girlfriend Brittany Rountree on the top of the Empire State Building. Rountree plays guard for the UNC women’s basketball team and she said yes!
5. Eric will wear number 85 for the Lions, the same number he wore at UNC.