Texans DE J.J. Watt is a defensive force to be reckoned with. But how well do you know him?
Below are 10 super interesting facts about J.J. Watt. Five are as true as the rain that falls mainly on the plains of Texas. The other five? Houston, we have a problem... we made them up!
Can you choose the truth from the lies? Tell us in comments.
1. He was born in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
2. J.J. stands of Jesse James.
3. In high school he was all-conference as both a TE and DE.
4. After originally enrolling at Central Michigan, he transferred to Ohio State.
5. After his last year in college he won the Lott and Ted Hendricks Awards.
6. The Houston Texans drafted Watt with the 11th pick of the 2011 NFL Draft.
7. Jon Gruden nicknamed him J.J. Sweat due to his relentless style.
8. Watt was first player in NFL history to record 16.5 sacks and tip 15 passes in a single season.
9. His uniform number is 99.
10. In 2013, Watt was awarded the AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year, receiving all 50 of the total votes.
The made up facts from last week's Aaron Rodgers post were:
7. The Packers made him the first QB drafted in the 2005 NFL Draft.
He was actually the 2nd QB drafted. The San Francisco 49ers took Alex Smith with the first overall selection in the draft.
8. He was named the NFL Offensive Player of the Year in 2010.
He won this award in 2011.
9. He led the Packers to victory over the Patriots in Super Bowl XLV.
The Packers defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers in the Super Bowl XLV.