Miami Dolphins Training Facility – Davie, Florida
Since the Dolphins were one of the more active teams during the free agency period, they opened camp with a bunch of new players. This influx of new veteran players and a stellar crop of rookies helped make their camp buzz with optimism.
Among the first week notes were:
- Starting QB Ryan Tannehill looked a lot more comfortable than his rookie camp. He and WR Mike Wallace are working to develop chemistry.
- Former Falcons DB Brent Grimes looked like he’s back to All-Pro level after sitting out last season.
- The hype continues to build around RB Lamar Miller. He showed all the signs of being a breakout player this year.
- New starting MLBs Philip Wheeler and Dannell Ellerbe were extremely active.
- Second-year DE Olivier Vernon has made tremendous progress and could challenge for a starting position.
- Rookie TE Don Sims flashed a lot of potential as a blocker and a receiver.