Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson is one of the best running backs in the NFL.
He’s also one of the most popular - who doesn’t love Adrian Peterson?
The question is how well do you know AP? We’ve listed 10 bits of information about him below. Eight of these facts are correct, but two of them are just not true!
Post which two are false in the comments sections and we’ll see if you know Adrian or are just guessing.
10 facts about Adrian Peterson:
1. He was born in Palestine, Texas.
2. Both of his parents were star athletes in college. His Dad played basketball for Idaho St. and his mom attended the University of Houston on a track scholarship.
3. As a kid he picked up the nickname “All Day” because his father said he could play all day.
4. Former NFL running back Ivory Lee Brown is his uncle.
5. During his senior year in high school, AP rushed for 2,960 yards and 32 TDs. After one game, players on the other team asked him for his autograph.
6. After his freshman year at Oklahoma, he was runner up to Carson Palmer for the Heisman trophy award.
7. The Minnesota Vikings selected Peterson with the 7th pick of the 2007 NFL Draft.
8. His 2,097 yards in 2012 is second to only Emmitt Smith for the all-time rushing yards in a single season.
9. He’s got super strong hands and has a reputation for a “bone-crushing” handshake.
10. Adrian’s middle name is Lewis.
Lies from last week’s Philip Rivers post were:
3. Rivers attended the University of North Carolina where he was a four-year starter at QB.
Rivers went to North Carolina State.
4. In the 2004 NFL Draft he was selected 3rd overall by the New York Giants, but then traded to the San Diego Chargers for QB Eli Manning.
The Giants took him with the 4th pick, not the 3rd.
9. His middle name is Rocky.
Actually his middle name is Michael.