Last Year: 8-8
Predicted 2012 Record: 10-6
QB Philip Rivers, RB Ryan Mathews & TE Antonio Gates
DE Melvin Ingram, WRs Eddie Royal & Robert Meachem, RB Ronnie Brown, OT Jared Gaither
WR Vincent Jackson, DE Luis Castillo
1. Even in an “off year,” QB Philip Rivers still threw for 4,600 yards and 26 TDS in 2011. We expect a return to his Pro Bowl form.
2. RB Ryan Mathews is poised to have a breakout season.
3. A focus on defense in the past two drafts should start paying dividends this year.
4. The loss of top WR Vincent Jackson will be hard to replace.
5. Does Head Coach Norv Turner have what it takes to get this team back into the playoffs?