Join the Movement by taking the NFL PLAY 60 Challenge NOW!!!
The NFL and the American Heart Association have teamed to create the NFL PLAY 60 Challenge – a program that challenges you to get active and play for at least 60 minutes every day.
It doesn’t matter how you move, as long as you are active. Getting physically active until you’re breathing hard or sweating can have many positive effects on your body, both now and in the future. Not only will you look and feel better now, but you can reduce your risk of developing future health problems that could really slow you down.
If you aren’t active now, start slow and build up. Remember, you don’t have to get your 60 minutes all at once – break it up into shorter sessions that add up to 60 minutes a day.
By getting up and active for 30 minutes in school and 30 minutes at home every day, you will be on your way to living a healthier life.
Here are some good tips to remember along the way:
• Warm up before you begin a workout. For example, if you’re going to be running, start with walking. Walking fast and then jogging will get your blood pumping.
• Stretch at the end of your workout to reduce the chance of injury and keep your muscles flexible.
• Water is your friend – remember that being physically active increases your body’s need to stay hydrated. Try to drink 8 cups every day to maximize your performance.
• Invite a friend – you might have more fun if a friend is there to join in.
• Stay interested by mixing it up – try lots of different activities to keep from getting bored.
Click on the game planner here so that you and your friends can Join the NFL PLAY 60 Movement now. Take the Challenge and get moving!!
And tell your classmates and teachers too! The NFL Play 60 Challenge offers lots of fun ways to get physical activity into every one of your classes. A great way to make the school day fun and healthy!
For more information and additional classroom tools, click here!