December 16th, 2013
One day you are in San Francisco, on the 49ers practice squad. You are working hard, doing your best, trying to show you are good enough to play NFL football.
That's the true story of Miami Dolphins DB Michael Thomas this week. How did he respond? It was Thomas’ end zone interception of a Tom Brady pass at the end of the game that sealed the Dolphins dramatic victory.
Michael Thomas Fact Sheet:
1. As senior at Chester W Nimitz High School in Texas he rated him the 75th-best athlete in the nation by ESPN.
2. During his senior year at Stanford University he recorded 66 tackles, 3 1/2 for losses, one sack, three interceptions, eight pass deflections and one fumble recovery.
3. He was an All-Pac-12 honorable-mention selection after his senior year at Stanford.
4. He spent a year on the San Francisco 49ers practice squad before being acquired by the Dolphins.
5. He was born in Houston, TX.