Play it safe at Two-A-Day practices by packing a cooler with water bottles and fresh fruit.
Freeze a water bottle and keep it in a cooler to keep the food and fruit cool!
- 1. The body is about 60 percent water.
- 2. If you are thirsty, you are already dehydrated—drink up!
- 3. Active boys need to drink about 2 to 3 liters of water a day. This is a minimum of 64 ounces a day.
- 4. Active girls need to drink about 1 to 2 liters of water a day. This is a minimum of 32 ounces a day.
- 5. During practices, sip on 6 to 8 ounces of water every 15 minutes.
- 6. Sweating is the way a body cools itself. It is important to sweat to stay cool.
- 7. Wear a shirt that wicks to absorb the sweat. If sweat rolls off the body it does not cool it.
- 8. Fruit that contain a high percentage of water are watermelon, oranges, and peaches.
- 9. Vegetables that have a lot of water are lettuce, cucumbers, and celery.
- 10. Add more fluids by eating fruit and vegetables that contain water.
By Sue A. James