April 18th, 2013
Even though teams have signed a lot of free agents, there are still many left. Some of these players have been in the league for a while, but they could be a good addition to a team. Here are my rankings:
1. Andre Smith - He's probably the best right tackle out there and would be great for a team in need of one. Teams interested: the Bengals are looking to re-sign him.
2. Karlos Dansby - He's an explosive player and has a few more seasons left in him. Last year, he posted 134 tackles and 1 sack . Teams interested: Bengals and Ravens
3. James Harrison - His best seasons may have been left in Pittsburgh, but he could be very good again if he went to an AFC North team like the Bengals. But I only think he could be good with a team in that division because he knows those teams well. This year, he had more sacks but less tackles than Dansby. He had 6 sacks and 70 tackles, and in his entire 11-year career, he totaled 64 sacks and 617 tackles. Teams interested: Bengals, Browns and Ravens
4. Kerry Rhodes - He is a solid free safety that comes with experience. In my opinion, Kerry Rhodes had a good season with 67 tackles , 4 interceptions, and 1 sack. Teams interested : Bengals
5. Dwight Freeny - A future Hall of Famer, Freeney is still a good defensive end with some game left in him. Last year, he had 12 tackles and 5 sacks, and in his 11-year monster career, he has 298 tackles and 107.5 sacks. Teams interested : Patriots and Broncos
6. Ahmad Bradshaw - He's tough, explosive, and a good blocking running back. He has 221 attempts, 1,015 yards and 6 touchdowns. Teams interested: Steelers, Packers, and Jets.
7. John Abraham - A good pass rusher but is getting up there in age. Last year, he had 35 tackles and 10 sacks. In his entire 13-year king of the sacks career, he has 508 tackles, 122 sacks, and 1 interception. Teams interested: Patriots, 49ers, Seahawks, and Dolphins.
8. Charles Woodson - Again, he is a bit older but is a great devensive back and brings leadership to a team. Brett Favre was also old, but he was successful with the Jets and Vikings. Last year, he had 38 tackles, 1.5 sacks, and 1 interception. In his 15-year Hall of Fame career, he has 921 tackles, 17 sacks, and 55 interceptions. Teams interested: Vikings and 49ers
9. Darrius Heyward Bey - A young wide receiver who is fast and could be a great WR when given the chance. Last year, he had 41 receptions, 606 yards, and 5 touchdowns. Teams interested: Colts, Lions, and Jets.
10. Braylon Edwards - He's a dynamic wide receiver with experience and great hands. Last year, he had an injury and his stats were 18 receptions, 199 yards and 1 touchdown . Teams interested: Jets and Lions
Who are your top ten free agents?