January 11th, 2013
The Texans travel to New England to meet the Patriots on Saturday at 4:30 ET on CBS. Who will win? You can decide with the help of some keys to success for both squads.
Why the Texans will win:
1. Arian Foster: He led the NFL with 15 rushing TDs during the regular season and tore apart a tough defense in the Wild Card round rushing for 140 yards and a TD.
2. J.J. Swatt: LB J.J. Watt led the NFL in sacks this season with 20.5. He is known for his unique ability to swat passes down near the line of scrimmage which drives QBs nuts. It, especially, makes that short pass to WR Wes Welker nearly impossible.
3. Andre Johnson: He had the second most receiving yards in the NFL during the regular season. He and Foster are great compliments because as Johnson stretches the field and Foster tears up the line, defenses have to choose who they want to stop. That's a tough choice.
Why the Patriots will win:
1. Tom Brady: He's one the best of all time.
2. Gronk: In the last game of the season, TE Rob Gronkowski made his return to the field after an injury sidelined him. Now that he's had another week to fully recover, expect him to wreak havoc as usual.
3. Just Like Last Time: Week 14 was not too long ago. In that week, the Patriots absolutely obliterated the Texans, 42-14. The Texans defense couldn't keep up with Brady and the Pats and their offense was embarrassed by a surprisingly tough Patriots defense.