May 12th, 2014
San Diego Chargers QB Philip Rivers is one of the most intense players in the league.
A fiery leader, he led the Charger back into the playoffs last year and looks to go even further this year.
Let’s find out how well you know P.R.
Below are ten supercharged facts about Philip Rivers. Seven of them are straight up bolts of truth, but three of them are shocking lies!
Your mission is to guess which are the lies and then post a comment to let everyone know.
1. He was born in Decatur, Alabama.
2. He played QB at Athens High School while his dad was the head coach.
3. Rivers attended the University of North Carolina where he was a four-year starter at QB.
4. In the 2004 NFL Draft he was selected 3rd overall by the New York Giants, but then traded to the San Diego Chargers for QB Eli Manning.
5. He spent his first two seasons as a back up for QB Drew Brees, before assuming the starting role in 2006.
6. He has been named to 5 Pro Bowl teams.
7. He wears number 17 in honor of his father, who wore the same number.
8. He and his wife have seven children.
9. His middle name is Rocky.
10. He and Antonio Gates hold the NFL record for the most touchdowns between a single Quarterback and Tight End (60).