January 8th, 2013
The Ravens travel to Denver to meet the Broncos on Saturday at 4:30 ET on CBS. Who will win? You can decide with the help of some keys to success for both squads.
Why the Ravens will win:
1. Ray Lewis: He is maybe the best linebacker to ever play in the NFL. In his last season ever, he will be more motivated than ever and that is a scary thought.
2. Joe Flacco: With this season, Joe Flacco is the only QB in NFL history to reach the playoffs in each of his first five seasons. He has also won at least one playoff game in every season of his career.
3. Experience: Add in Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, Anquan Boldin, Haloti Ngata, and Ray Rice to Ray Lewis and that's a lot of veteran wisdom.
Why the Broncos will win:
1. Peyton Manning: There might not be a QB in the NFL that can match what Peyton bring to the game. He's a strong candidate for this year's MVP.
2. Defense: The best defense on the field will be the Broncos. They allowed the second fewest total yards and fourth fewest points during the regular season. LB Von Miller had 18.5 sacks, third-most in the NFL.
3. WR Duo: Manning had a pair of 1,000+ yard receivers in Demaryius Thmoas (1,434) and Eric Decker (1,064). Each also had double digit TD catches with Thomas grabbing 10 and Decker pulling in 13 on the year.
Why do you think the Ravens or Broncos will win?