After being named a State Ambassador, I had the opportunity to attend the 2016 National Student Ambassador Summit this summer. We learned a lot of ways to incorporate physical activity into our day. We had fun breaks such as volleyball, obstacle courses, Zumba, dance parties, tag, relay races, and much more. We even got a chance to play FLAG Football with former and current NFL players. It was the best.
It's almost fall so the weather is getting cooler and it is a great time to get outside and have fun with some physical activity. Some of the things that you can do outside while having fun are:
1. Go to your school or a local park and play on the playground. Running, climbing, and swinging are great physical activities.
2. Join an organized run. Where I live, we have an annual 5k run for the local education foundation hosted by the school district. It is a ton of fun and it is for a great cause!
3. Get outside and play with your friends! Organize a sports game or play tag or hide-and-seek with some kids in your neighborhood.
4. Go for a hike and take in the beautiful fall weather. Here in Missouri, fall is a great time to get outside and hike through the woods as the leaves change color.
5. At recess play kickball or basketball. Both of these sports are really fun and involve a lot of physical activity.
Use your imagination and create an outdoor play or skit with your friends!
My personal favorite- you could have a FLAG Football game with your friends! Take turns playing different positions to keep it interesting.
These are only some of the things that you can do outside to get your sixty minutes of activity. So take some of these ideas or make up your own, and get outside and have some fun this fall!
-Kid Reporter Connor, State Ambassador