April 3rd, 2014
New Orleans Saints Pro Bowl QB Drew Brees is one of the most popular stars in the NFL. Everyone knows that, but how well do you know Drew? Did you know his brother is the starting QB of the New York Giants?
Oh, wait. No, that's not him, that's Peyton Manning. See how hard this is?
Below are 10 facts about Drew Brees. Six of them are as true as the spiral on one of his long bombs, while four are as wrong as wearing a suit and tie to Mardi Gras.
Can you tell which ones are true and which are not? Leave your guesses in the comment field.
Drew Brees 10 Fun Facts
1. Drew scored the most fantasy football points of any QB last season.
2. Brees’ first name is Andrew.
3. He was named for Dallas Cowboys WR Drew Pearson.
4. Drew’s high school team never lost with him at QB.
5. He set 13 NCAA records during his career at Purdue University.
6. He was drafted by the San Diego Chargers in the third round of the 2001 NFL Draft.
7. His uniform number (9) is the same number he wore in college.
8. He led the underdog Saints to a 31-17 victory over the Indianapolis Colts in Super Bowl
9. He has made the Pro Bowl seven times in his career.
10. Brees holds numerous NFL records including highest completion percentage in a season (71.2%), most 300+ yard passing games in a season (13), most completions in a season (468) and the most consecutive games with at least 1 touchdown pass (54).